Author Topic: Version 1.2.2 not mentioned and more... :)  (Read 3564 times)

Alchemion

Version 1.2.2 not mentioned and more... :)
« on: December 24, 2008, 02:52:48 pm »
Hi,

I have installed today the new 1.2.2+ version...

The first look to see was the "extended settings" which NOW WORK... THANK YOU.

I haven't got time to look thoroughly, but it steped right up in front the version number shown in the footer, which is still 1.2.1 ... any relation to not occuring yet any change to that version ?...

Off topic:

Can you help with a pvp arena, in which other players can assist/watch/chat and put bets on the winner ?.. (I have red something about this on dragonprime, some of this coming from your part...)

Until next chat encounter, I wish you all and especially to the NB-CORE ADMIN a happy Christmas, a peaceful and insightful night and whatever you want more to fulfill for the forthcoming new year !...

Nightborn

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Shinobilegends
Re: Version 1.2.2 not mentioned and more... :)
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 04:54:59 pm »
Hi,

you're right, I corrected the version display.

No, I can't do a pvp arena.
Due to the timeout stuff and the non-active connection (web browser) you won't get a refresh if another user does something.
And auto-refresh will break the allowed navs, opening nice cheating possibilites.
It would need a lot of ressources for little good outcome.

Thanks, merry christmas to you too
It should be fixed, but it won't be easy and it won't be fast. If you want
to help - wonderful. But keep in mind that it will take months of wading
through the ugliest code we have in the tree. If you've got a weak stomach -
stay out. I've been there and it's not a nice place.

- Al Viro

Alchemion

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 11:43:23 am »
If you remember a previous topic, that is what I had in mind when I wanted to do a refresh on a page... it's strictly about the refreshing the pvp page...

And I think (At a first guess..) that it is doable... even by 2 means :

1. manual refresh: put a chat window beneath the pvp battle text, that will refresh the whole page each time the user sends the message to the other one... message in which one can urge the other to make his move and so on... chit-chat combat mix etc...

2. auto-refresh : block all navs except the pvp fighting ones; set a 15s refresh time allowed only for the pvp page; set 2 pvp timeouts of 3 minutes, each opponent with his timeout;  if one player made his move he does not get but a auto-refresh to each 15 secs and a message to wait for the other's turn, if after 12 refreshes (equivalent to 3 minutes timeout) the other player didn't made any move, the player that has made the last move (even before the final result) is awarded the win... and an unblock of the "return to town" nav...
of course, even this alternative works fine an embeded chat combat (that can do a manual refresh...), but still keeps the auto-refresh admin setable option...

correct if some upper logic has a flaw...

Nightborn

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Shinobilegends
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 07:30:08 pm »
I know you did, and try to ask the same out of me. If you think it is doable.... do it =)

I wonder why I re-iterate this, but well.

1. you can just put in a button "refresh" and it loads a new page, where is the gain. That's already released, buggy to hell, but released.

2. if you have it out that way, just put it into program code. you manage to do nice badnavs there - except you then allow the same nav - then you open the forced nav - and I can navigate there from any place - thanks for opening a loophole to get out of my bad forest fight.

The same flaws as I said before, and I won't re-iterate me again.

You have to do that with AJAX and with a lot more coding knowledge.

"auto refresh the page" is a very very very bad idea in lotgd if new stuff opens up. Aside from the " a player will never timeout" thingy.

It should be fixed, but it won't be easy and it won't be fast. If you want
to help - wonderful. But keep in mind that it will take months of wading
through the ugliest code we have in the tree. If you've got a weak stomach -
stay out. I've been there and it's not a nice place.

- Al Viro