Author Topic: Battle  (Read 6073 times)

Gohan

Battle
« on: September 22, 2008, 04:08:55 am »
It's back again! but this time in battle.php. Here's the error just incase you've forgotten. ^^

Code: [Select]
Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file in C:\wamp\www\lotgd-1.2.0-nightborn\lotgd-1.2.0-nightborn\battle.php on line 209

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of rolldamage(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file in C:\wamp\www\lotgd-1.2.0-nightborn\lotgd-1.2.0-nightborn\battle.php on line 229

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file in C:\wamp\www\lotgd-1.2.0-nightborn\lotgd-1.2.0-nightborn\battle.php on line 241

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file in C:\wamp\www\lotgd-1.2.0-nightborn\lotgd-1.2.0-nightborn\battle.php on line 279

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of rolldamage(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file in C:\wamp\www\lotgd-1.2.0-nightborn\lotgd-1.2.0-nightborn\battle.php on line 285

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file in C:\wamp\www\lotgd-1.2.0-nightborn\lotgd-1.2.0-nightborn\battle.php on line 310

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of rolldamage(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file in C:\wamp\www\lotgd-1.2.0-nightborn\lotgd-1.2.0-nightborn\battle.php on line 316

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file in C:\wamp\www\lotgd-1.2.0-nightborn\lotgd-1.2.0-nightborn\battle.php on line 327

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file in C:\wamp\www\lotgd-1.2.0-nightborn\lotgd-1.2.0-nightborn\battle.php on line 605

Nightborn

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Shinobilegends
Re: Battle
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 07:29:27 am »
fixed.

if I fix it by removing the references - then the fighting won't work. I rely on them because I don't want to copy objects.

Leave it for now, turn off your php warnings.

I will rework the battle in 1.2.1 either way.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 07:35:13 am by Nightborn »
It should be fixed, but it won't be easy and it won't be fast. If you want
to help - wonderful. But keep in mind that it will take months of wading
through the ugliest code we have in the tree. If you've got a weak stomach -
stay out. I've been there and it's not a nice place.

- Al Viro

Gohan

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 08:35:51 am »
Ok I'll leave it.

Added: AHHHH! I forgot where to turn off the php warnings, and my brain is to fried to remember, can anyone remind me?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 08:48:16 am by Gohan »

Nightborn

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Shinobilegends
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 09:11:03 am »
search your files for E_WARNING

or in your php.ini

in lotgd
lib/errorhandler.php:10:      if ($errno & (E_USER_WARNING | E_WARNING)){
lib/errorhandler.php:26:   case E_WARNING:

however, this does not really work sometimes.

the "deprecated" message is unknown to me and my MySQL version, which one do you use btw.

- Al Viro

Gohan

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 09:21:16 am »
I happen to be using
php 5.2.6
MySQL 5.0.51b
Hope that helps

Nightborn

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Shinobilegends
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 09:54:34 am »
Server version      5.0.32-Debian_7etch6-log
PHP 5.2.0-8+etch11 (cli) (built: May 10 2008 10:35:46)
Copyright (c) 1997-2006 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2006 Zend Technologies
    with eAccelerator v0.9.5.3, Copyright (c) 2004-2006 eAccelerator, by eAccelerator

Hm, we are not that far apart (and I meant PHP Version, silly me).

Alright then, I will dump the battle system sooner or later - 1.2.0 is only an "in between" release for me though.

- Al Viro

Gohan

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 09:58:03 am »
Ok, and I could get the errors to stop, so I'll just live it for now, I can live with errors taking up half the screen ^^
Better that than 1.1.1 *Shudders*

Nightborn

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Shinobilegends
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 11:50:24 am »
^^ the errors should stop. I've had none, so just disable the warnings for the site.

"Deprecated" .. well, I used what it can offer, and my code got faster -> I passed a reference and modified the value in the function and did not need to return anything really. Handy thing.

Well, I'll do a possible HUGE battle object (shudder) copied from all the battle parts needed, so you do a $battle->rolldamage() and the battle takes the entire $badguy array with the objects. It should be planned better, but as I won't change any functionality you need on the outside, I can do an in-between solution and divide it later on to a better extent.

My goal is to make the battles more independent of the user, having $user->rolldamage() and so on.

As said, the "caches don't invalidate after an invalidatedatacache() call" is also something I need to work on.
Possibly a tiny thing, but it *should* already work... very strange. Maybe even a race condition. :(

- Al Viro

Gohan

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 11:53:22 am »
*nods pretending to understand*
jks I got some of it