Author Topic: uninstalled modules error  (Read 5634 times)

fullmetal

uninstalled modules error
« on: May 29, 2009, 03:21:41 am »
in the uninstalled modules page, before listing the uninstalled module, it shows:

Code: [Select]
PHP Warning: "system() has been disabled for security reasons"
in /home/vol1/0fees.net/fees0_3441007/legendofwarcraft.isgreat.org/htdocs/lib/dbwrapper_mysql.php at 64.
Call Stack:
2: system("echo "2009:05:28 22:17:04...") called from /home/vol1/0fees.net/fees0_3441007/legendofwarcraft.isgreat.org/htdocs/lib/dbwrapper_mysql.php on line 64
3: db_query_cached("SELECT active,filemoddate...", "inject-creatureaddon", 3600) called from /home/vol1/0fees.net/fees0_3441007/legendofwarcraft.isgreat.org/htdocs/lib/modules.php on line 27
4: injectmodule("creatureaddon", true) called from /home/vol1/0fees.net/fees0_3441007/legendofwarcraft.isgreat.org/htdocs/lib/modules.php on line 861
5: get_module_info("creatureaddon") called from /home/vol1/0fees.net/fees0_3441007/legendofwarcraft.isgreat.org/htdocs/modules.php on line 247
PHP Warning: "system() has been disabled for security reasons"
in /home/vol1/0fees.net/fees0_3441007/legendofwarcraft.isgreat.org/htdocs/lib/dbwrapper_mysql.php at 65.
Call Stack:
2: system("echo >>/var/log/shino/emp...") called from /home/vol1/0fees.net/fees0_3441007/legendofwarcraft.isgreat.org/htdocs/lib/dbwrapper_mysql.php on line 65
3: db_query_cached("SELECT active,filemoddate...", "inject-creatureaddon", 3600) called from /home/vol1/0fees.net/fees0_3441007/legendofwarcraft.isgreat.org/htdocs/lib/modules.php on line 27
4: injectmodule("creatureaddon", true) called from /home/vol1/0fees.net/fees0_3441007/legendofwarcraft.isgreat.org/htdocs/lib/modules.php on line 861
5: get_module_info("creatureaddon") called from /home/vol1/0fees.net/fees0_3441007/legendofwarcraft.isgreat.org/htdocs/modules.php on line 247

any help is greatly appreciated :D

*EDIT* this seems to only happen when i have uninstalled modules, hope that helps.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 05:44:18 am by fullmetal »

A Cool Guy

• View Profile
    • Code Angels Game
Re: uninstalled modules error
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 07:38:36 am »
I dont think its a bug i think its something to do with the way php on the server is set up i get it too and just ignore it LoL
Some servers disable certain commands in php for reasons that are silly if you ask the server admin he might be able to help
better expalining this reason.
If i can i will.
If i cant i wont :)

Nightborn

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Shinobilegends
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 11:49:55 am »
*cough*

sorry, it seems my private logging was carried over to the nb-snapshots :(

sorry. please re-download the package you got and replace:

lib/dbwrapper_mysql.php

That should do the trick.

I had a personal log folder IF a query turns out to be empty. If so, a logentry was generated in the file system.
The error you have says: "You cannot write there", which is correct for standard webspace.
It should be fixed, but it won't be easy and it won't be fast. If you want
to help - wonderful. But keep in mind that it will take months of wading
through the ugliest code we have in the tree. If you've got a weak stomach -
stay out. I've been there and it's not a nice place.

- Al Viro

fullmetal

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 11:58:21 pm »
cool, i just replaced the file with the same copy from dp's version

Nightborn

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Shinobilegends
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 01:54:34 pm »
I'd rather recommend you not to do that.

In this particular case, I think I have not really modified much - but in fact I did.

In the DP Version there is still a "don't EVER show any error"-hack in the file which I removed. This is a leftover from a former core member.

Though, it should work. I have  fixed all +nb versions.
It should be fixed, but it won't be easy and it won't be fast. If you want
to help - wonderful. But keep in mind that it will take months of wading
through the ugliest code we have in the tree. If you've got a weak stomach -
stay out. I've been there and it's not a nice place.

- Al Viro