Author Topic: xajax in modules question  (Read 3741 times)

genmac

xajax in modules question
« on: July 15, 2008, 11:09:44 pm »
And a small bug report - you can't start a new topic in general discussion, where I wanted to post this (sorry!)

For xajax in modules, if I have the yom xajax enabled, I'm assuming the xajax js is loaded - can I then just register functions with xajax as normal?  Do I need to add ALLOW_ANONYMOUS to the module?

Nightborn

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Shinobilegends
Re: xajax in modules question
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 10:14:34 am »
I moved the topic =)

I have no xajax for YOM, but mails, so I can assume you mean that.
Yes, the JS is loaded, of course. All you need to do is to register your function.
revise the (poorly named and soon to be renamed) mailinfo_*.php

$xajax->registerFunction("mail_status");

is done in the common, however, I require that thing only in the page_footer() as far as I now.
I supposed you would EDIT the files directly ;) to register your function if necessary.

the mailinfo_server.php contains then the function that is called. (an example is the mail_status).

If you have (my mental capacities are quite taken at the moment) a good outline to make it work better (I am an Ajax n00b), they are welcome =)

My plans for the AJAX commentary are currently on hold... due to the links contained within and hence rewriting with the response the allowednavs ... which I see as a security loophole of some size and bad patching and fixing to be done Oo
It should be fixed, but it won't be easy and it won't be fast. If you want
to help - wonderful. But keep in mind that it will take months of wading
through the ugliest code we have in the tree. If you've got a weak stomach -
stay out. I've been there and it's not a nice place.

- Al Viro